Friday, June 3, 2011

Schools Out for the Summer!

Today is Kenzie's last day of Kindergarten, then she will be in 1st grade.  I still cannot believe how fast she is growing up on me.  So speaking of kindergarten graduation.  This is my lil graduate.


This is me and my lil' girl.  Of course she had  other people that love her dearly to come watch her graduate and we both were excited to have them her at this exciting moment.  Unfortunately the boyfriend had to work, but we are going for an ice cream date tonight to celebrate.  We are excited about this treat.

I'm so excited about this summer.  I have lots of plans for her.  I am in the process of making a jar of fun summer activities to do very day.  Here is a list of things I have in mind:
  1. Go to the Zoo
  2. Weekend trip getaway
  3. participate in the summer reading program at the library
  4. Movie at Chaney's milk barn while eating their ice cream YUM
  5. Water park - kenz loves doing this
  6. daily adventure walks
  7. Send cards to family members-this will help with her neatness in writing
  8. make sidewalk chalk
  9. make homemade ice cream
  10. camp out in the back yard
  11. Catch lightning bugs
  12. make a pillowcase or tooth fairy pillow-its about time her lil teeth come out
  13. play in water puddles in a zebra rain boots
  14. go to the beach-to bad the closest beach is 8 hrs away
  15. play in a sprinkler
  16. make homemade water sponges
  17. Have a picnic
  18. Go for a hike
  19. Play flashlight tag
  20. Have a cookout
  21. take a cave tour at Mammoth Cave
  22. No TV Day
There you have it, I may have more to add on later.  I also plan on making a check off list with our Things to Do or getting a jar and let her draw from it to pick an activity.  What are you doing this summer to entertain your kiddos?

No comments: