Friday, June 10, 2011

Velcro Pouches!

People at work have finally been seeing some of my sewing projects I have been working on, since I found my new calling.  I would love to be able to open a shop one day, I just feel that I am not as experienced as some people are, but with that being said, I had a request.  This lady not only requested one but 3 pouches with a arm band for her granddaughters and instead of having a zipper she requested it to be Velcro.  So I was a little stranded on that since i had never sewn with Velcro, but once again I did figure it out and sliced my finger open in the process. OUCH!  So I hope these little granddaughters will be very happy with there new Velcro pouches.  They did turn out very cute(so I think)
And miss Princess and I are marking stuff off our summer list left and right.  We signed her up for the summer reading program, as well as went to the bookstore and bought some books for her and me.(Mine isn't pleasure reading, bummer it's a study guide for a class I am trying to clep out of in nursing school.  Hope I pass.)  We have been on our daily walks, and went to the water park already and have plans on going Monday with some friends.  Tonight we are going to Chaney's milk barn for ice cream and a movie :)

No comments: